Personal Data Collected on My Site and Why It’s Collected:
Ways Data is Collected:
- When you or visitors to the site leave comments, your name and email address is collected with your website, if applicable, to be kept in the WordPress database.
- If you subscribe to this blog, your name and email address is collected.
- If you get in touch with me using the Contact Form, your name and email address is collected.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are in use on this site in the following ways:
- To store information, such as when you leave comments. You can opt in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. This is so you don’t have to fill out the same info again and again every time you leave a comment. These cookies last 1 year.
- Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to visitors on this site.
Media: Images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included may be uploaded to the Website. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Posts on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Information We Collect from Others:
We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, you may link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile. If you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account.
We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
Where Your Data is Shared
3rd Party Vendors, as the ones below are used by this site. You can click the links to see the Privacy Policies of each entity.
- Google Analytics uses IP addresses to track information about the type of content you like, as well as demographic information, and which of my posts are most popular.
- Cloudflare is my security service to help prevent hacking and bot attacks
- A2 Hosting provides shared hosting for this site.
- Email Service: Mailchimp by which I send weekly newsletters and blog posts. If you decide to subscribe, your email address is stored on their servers.
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have left comments on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you.
This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
**If you do NOT want to be tracked, you must take steps to block tracking on your browser or other app prior to visiting this site.
My Contact Information
Contacting me is easy! You may contact me using the Contact form on this site, or email me directly: [email protected]
This policy goes into effect on May 25, 2018.